• MA, History (Western U.S./Public History), Portland State University
• BA, History, Portland State University
• I am a historian with broad knowledge of Portland, Oregon and Pacific Northwest History. My goal is to help others better understand our region today through well-researched and documented stories of our past.
Areas of Specialization:
• Portland, Oregon area history, including neighborhoods, roadways and transportation, urban renewal, architecture, and historic preservation; exhibit research and writing; walking tours; public presentations; archive and library collections management.
• American Association for State and Local History
• Northwest History Network
• National Council on Public History
• National Trust for Historic Preservation
• Organization of American Historians
• Oregon Historical Society
Selected Positions and Publications:
Employers have included: Architectural Heritage Center; The Oregon Encyclopedia; Oregon Historical Society; Ft. Vancouver National Historic Site; Oregon Military Museum.
A Brief History of the Hosford-Abernethy Neighborhood, http://handpdx.org/blog/history/
Entries in The Oregon Encyclopedia: