- Ph.D. in history, Loyola University, Chicago
- Oral Historian, Oregon Historical Society, 1986-2001
- Chair, Oregon Labor Oral History Project, 2008-present
- I subscribe to the Oral History Association’s “Principles and Best Practices.” My emphasis in helping guide an oral history is on the complete life story.
Areas of Specialization:
- Oral History
- Oral History Association
- Northwest Oral History Association
- Pacific Northwest Labor History Association (President 1991-1993; Newsletter editor 1989-1991)
- Oregon Labor Oral History Project
Selected Projects & Publications:
- “Production in Oral History–Second Thoughts,” NOHA Newsletter (Fall 1997).
- “The Place of Biography in Oral History,” NOHA Newsletter (Fall 1998, Spring 1999).